Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Waiting

I spend most of my early days under cover waiting. Years go by with little difference. Change is unknown to me. Securely suspended. Or so I thought. Then slowly it came. The unknown, change. My suspended certainty was on the move. I was given a window into a world I had no idea existed. Come to find out my move not only effected me, it caused change for many others that were like me. Their moves were much less than mine this time around, but they were experienced in the method. I was given my window. My window grew with time. It showed me an ever changing world. I was no longer alone; I was among a tough crowd. Any visitors to our area were quickly turned to mush and sent on their way. I didn't really have a choice, nor did I really want one. As I grew older the years caught up to me. I became weathered and worn like a dog’s favorite bone. I also grew tired of my neighbors and the close confides that never really fit to begin with. My window had become tarnished. Little did I know my wear and tear would turn out to be my ticket out of this place? One fine day my pain was felt. My window was broke. I was set free.
- Wisdom Tooth

No comments: